- Appendicitis, Diverticulitis, Cholecystitis, Pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease
- Mesenteric adenitis - enlarged lymph nodes in the mesentery of the right lower quadrant with a normal appearing appendix, often viral
- Sclerosing mesenteritis (mesenteric panniculitis) - nonspecific inflammatory and fibrotic process affecting the fatty tissue of the mesentery
- Gastroenteritis - TB and Whipple's disease can have low density nodes
Fat Halo Sign - rim of preserved fat around the adjacent vessels, has been reported to differentiate mesenteric panniculitis from malignant causes
- Lymphoma can also present with these same findings as in the shown case.
- Lymph nodes from colon cancer