Reportable medical event needs to meet 2 criteria:
- Difference between the dose administered and prescribed exceeds annual occupation dose limits (5 rem in adult)
- Wrong drug, wrong route of administration, wrong patient, differs from prescribed dose by 20% (more than or less than)
- Minimize adverse effects immediately (enema, laxative, emesis, gastric lavage, diuresis, hydration, blocking agent)
- Inform the responsible nuclear medicine physician, the patient and the RSO.
- Report to the NRC/Agreement state